Edge Your Look Sweepstakes
To enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT PRIOR TO APRIL 12, 2017 AT 12:00 P.M. ET TO PARTICIPATE.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
1. Sponsor : Coty US LLC (“Sponsor”), 350 5th Ave, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10118.
2. Administrator : Coty US LLC (“Sponsor”), 350 5th Ave, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10118.
3. Eligibility : The “Edge Your Look Sweepstakes” ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age, and who have Internet access, a valid email address and an Instagram account prior to the beginning of the Promotion Period (defined below). If under the age of eighteen (18) (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residency, whichever is older), individual must have permission from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Void where prohibited by law.
4. Sweepstakes Schedule : The Sweepstakes begins on or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, April 13, 2017 and ends at 9:59:59 a.m. ET on Wednesday, April 18, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
5. Sweepstakes Entry : .
During the Promotion Period post a photo to Instagram that shows of your makeup look. Your post must include the hashtags #EdgeYourLook, #Sweepstakes and tag Instagram handle @rimmellondonus. You may also include comments with your photo, but this is not required, nor will the inclusion of comments in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize. If you do include comments, all use of the word “photo” includes the accompanying comments as well. (To enter via Instagram, you must follow Rimmel London [@rimmellondonus] on Instagram).
Your photo along with the hashtags #EdgeYourLook and #Sweepstakes posted to Instagram will constitute your entry into this Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
Entries must be received and recorded by the Administrator's computer during Promotion Period to be considered eligible.
BY SUBMITTING A PHOTO ALONG WITH THE HASHTAGS #EDGEYOURLOOK AND #SWEEPSTAKES VIA INSTAGRAM YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A PHOTO WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., posting your photo with only one, or no hashtags (#EdgeYourLook and #Sweepstakes); posting your photo and all hashtags (#EdgeYourLook and #Sweepstakes) without following @rimmellondonus will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Photographs posted must be original and created for the sole purpose of this Sweepstakes. (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU MUST OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN.) If your Entry includes other person(s) appearing in the photo, you must have each person’s written consent to use and publish his/her image as contemplated in the Sweepstakes prior to submitting the photo and consent to grant Sponsor the license described below. If you did not take the photo, you must have the photographer’s written consent to use and publish the photo as contemplated in the Sweepstakes and to grant Sponsor the license described below. Do NOT include personal information (e.g., your name, email address or phone numbers) in the photo itself; if the photo contains personal information, it is your sole responsibility to remove all such personal information from the photo before uploading the photo from your Instagram account for the Sweepstakes. Photo must comply with these Official Rules in all respects, including and without limitation, the Content Guidelines below.
To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, photos must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth on the website/platform where people may submit Entries (i.e., Instagram); such requirements are made part of these Official Rules and are incorporated herein by reference.
Once submitted, your Entry (i.e., photos) becomes the property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Instagram), and cannot be modified by you. By submitting an Entry, you give permission (and warrant and represent that you have obtained all rights necessary to give such permission and grant the license herein described, including from the photographer who took the photo used as your Entry if the photo was taken by someone other than yourself, as applicable) to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grant Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use your Entry’s photo, your name, likeness and all other information about you and all other person(s) contained in the photo on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including and without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use your Entry’s photo, your name, likeness and that of any other person(s) appearing in the photo, and all other information about you and any other person(s) in the photo, and make derivative works therefrom without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Sweepstakes and the advertising, promotion and publicity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor’s products and services, and otherwise as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such License must be confirmed by the potential winner upon Sponsor’s request and the potential winner agrees to complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents in a timely manner, including and without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind, as well as to use his/her best efforts to facilitate Sponsor’s procurement of similar confirming documents from the photographer if the photo was taken by someone other than the potential winner (if applicable). Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the Entry and the selection of another Entry as a potential winner.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per Instagram account during the Promotion Period. Multiple entries and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all Entries by such person/Instagram account. Entries must be manually keystroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs and entries by third parties by any method of entry are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated as permissible in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected Entries. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All Entries must be posted on Instagram in their entirety prior to expiration of the Promotion Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants must agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
If you opt to enter via Instagram, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
6. Sweepstakes Entry Restrictions/Guidelines : In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and/or on the website/platform where persons may submit entries (i.e., Instagram); each entry must comply with the following guidelines (“Content Guidelines”). Entrant must submit an original photo (DO NOT COPY OR RE-GRAM OTHERS’ WORKS, INCLUDING WORKS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS THAT MAY BE POSTED BY SPONSOR AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF A GIVEN ENTRY PERIOD).
Participation must be effected in accordance with these Official Rules. Once submitted, post cannot be modified or supplemented by entrant. Joint/group entries are prohibited. No entries may be effected (in whole or in part) on behalf of someone else.
Entries: (i) must be the original and sole creation of the entrant, and all right, title and
interest including but not limited to the copyright in any Entry, must be owned solely by the submitting entrant; (ii) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light; (iii) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; (iv) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; (v) may not, for example but not limited to, contain content that reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or other controlled substances), defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of any certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, or threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; (vi) may not be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic or contain nudity; (vii) must have been created specifically for this Sweepstakes and not have been previously posted via social media or otherwise; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry complies with all of those conditions. Entries cannot contain, among other things, the trademark, tradename or logo of any third party or entity or product, cannot name, or describe any person (living, dead, or fictional) other than the entrant, and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright.
SUBMITTED PHOTOS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS ACTING AS A PASSIVE CONDUIT FOR THE POSTING/PUBLICATION OF PHOTOS AND HAS NO OBLIGATION TO AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING THE CONTENT OF PHOTOS. SPONSOR WILL NOT EDIT OR MODIFY PHOTOS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. Rights : By submitting an Entry, each entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) grants to Sponsor and its licensees, sublicensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”), the exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicenseable right and license (including but not limited to, all intellectual property and proprietary rights including without limitation patents, trademarks, and copyrights) to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, manufacture, construct, tailor, distribute, sell, offer to sell, import and/or otherwise exploit the Entry in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised (collectively, the “License”). The rights granted pursuant to the License shall also include, without limitation, the right to: (a) change, alter, distort, edit or revise the Entry, or any part thereof; and (b) make derivative works based on the Entry, or any part thereof. Entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agrees to sign any documents required by Sponsor upon request (and without compensation) to confirm such License. The preceding grant of rights is expressly made subject to any rights retained by the operator of the social media channel used to submit the entry (i.e., Instagram). Entrant further agrees that (a) Sponsor does not owe him/her a duty of confidence (or fiduciary duty or the like) and that he/she has no expectation of privacy as to his/her Entry and (b) Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) his/her Entry and that Sponsor shall have no liability to entrant or any third party in conjunction therewith.
8. Random Drawing/Selection of Winner/Odds : Potential prize winner will be selected via random drawing on April 18, 2017 from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, the content of a person’s Entry will not be taken into account in the winner selection process (provided that the Entry is determined by Sponsor/Administrator to be in full compliance with these Official Rules). Drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning.
9. Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") :
Grand Prize (1 winner): Grand Prize winner will receive one Rimmel London Prize Pack consisting of an assortment of Rimmel London Products and tickets to Beautycon NYC (exact products to be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Travel and lodging is not included). ARV of Grand Prize is: up to $500.00. If actual value of Prize is less than $500, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.
Exact shades/colors of Rimmel London product chosen in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, transfer or cash redemption of prizes except Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding. Prize will only be delivered to an address within the United States. Sponsor reserves the right to ship various prize components separately. If a prize is won by a minor, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award the prize to or in the name of minor’s parent or legal guardian. Unspecified expenses relative to prize acceptance/use are winner’s sole responsibility. All federal, state and local taxes (if any) are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Winner Notification : Potential winner will be notified by direct message from the Sponsor’s official Instagram account (@rimmellondonus) on Wednesday, April 18, 2017. It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram notification settings are turned on; configuring privacy settings so as to receive a direct message from @rimmellondonus is the sole responsibility of the entrant. The initial verification notice (direct message) will request that the potential winner email the Sponsor at a specific email address with specific personal information (e.g.: full name, address, phone number, date of birth, Instagram username) within twenty-four (24) hours. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours with all required information will result in disqualification. Potential winner (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) may be required to sign and return within three (3) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law (“Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period (if applicable), potential winner may be disqualified. If any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, the entrant will forfeit his/her status as a winner, without compensation of any kind and the prize will be awarded to alternate winner selected from all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the applicable Sweepstakes Period.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the e-mail account corresponding to the Instagram account used for Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
11. Limitations of Liability : Released Parties (as defined in Section 12) are not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, inaccessible comments, Internet connections or email; or for any computer, telephone, wireless, satellite, cable, network, electronic, Internet or phone hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use net/accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, Internet contact, or any technical error, or program errors or malfunctions or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website (or any other website). The preceding expressly includes the inability of Sponsor to access or properly review Entries due to filtering or other operation of the functionality of Instagram. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned (in whole or in part), as solely determined by Sponsor, including but not limited to by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures that can corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part). In such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/ modification/suspension of the Sweepstakes will be posted at the Booth and/or on Sponsor’s Instagram page. The right is reserved by Sponsor to disqualify any individual found, at its sole discretion, to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer/mobile phone or device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading (or uploading) any materials from this Sweepstakes. Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
12. Additional Conditions : By participating, entrants (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and Instagram, LLC, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, and property or breach or failure or any representation of warranty arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or from the acceptance, misuse or use of any prize. By entering, entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material and on a winner’s list (if applicable) in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world-wide and on the World Wide Web and Internet, at any time, in perpetuity, without compensation (where permitted by law) and without review, approval or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (THE AWARD OF RIMMEL LONDON PRODUCTS AS PART OF THE PRIZE IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS, LIMITED WARRANTIES ACCOMPANYING THE PRODUCTS.)
13. Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law : To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) agrees that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the awarding of prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or an appropriate New York State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant (if a minor his/her parent/legal guardian) hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.