1. Start with SkincareEvery ‘grammable makeup look begins with good skincare, so adopt a hydrating regimen of once-weekly scrubbing, twice-daily cream-cleansing and regular moisturising. Think, at least twice a day.
In the morning, a gel moisturiser will hydrate parched pores without disturbing your base, while a spritz of Insta Fix & Go Setting Spray will give dry skin an instant refresh. This multi-tasking mist also works as a look-locking makeup primer, which you spray on before and after foundation to give it some serious staying power.
2. Perfect with PrimerIf you prefer a lightweight liquid primer over a priming facial mist, look for one that swaps mattifying silicones for a dewy, gel-like texture.
Insta Flawless Skin Tint ticks all the boxes. Because dry skin tends to lack radiance, the glow-boosting formula is a major pro that leaves you looking positively luminous. Built-in hydrators ensure skin feels moisturised for up to 24 hours, and a dose of SPF15 helps to ward off skin-drying UV rays.
3. Get Flawless with FoundationYou’ve nailed your skincare, applied your primer, and now it’s time to blend on a foundation. Our ride-or-die pick for dry skin is Match Perfection Foundation.
Soft-focus powders blur away fine lines (which are common when your complexion is on the drier side) and a 24-hour moisture complex keeps your skin feeling hydrated and comfortable. Yassss. For a natural-looking finish, dot your base onto the centre of your face first, then use a damp brush or sponge to blend it outwards. You can dampen your tools with Insta Fix & Go Setting Spray for longer-lasting flawlessness.
4. Complete with ConcealerFor extra coverage, glide Match Perfection Concealer over your skin. When paired with the foundation, you’ve got a pore-perfecting dream team that gives you an airbrushed finish.
Focus this brush-on concealer underneath eyes by applying it in an upside-down triangle, with the base hugging your lash line and the tip touching the centre of your cheek. Use your ring finger to tap and blend, as it’s the weakest of your fingers, meaning it will offer the gentlest touch around the delicate eye area.
5. Take it Higher with HighlighterWhile face powder is a no-no if you have a dry complexion, using a highlighter instantly takes your base to the next, radiant level. Try a liquid formula for a hyper-real highlight that gets skin looking lit. We love Insta Strobing, which comes in three shades: Pink Glow, Golden Glow and Bronze Glow.
Tap it just over the tops of cheekbones and the brow bone for some seriously subtle strobing or add it to the centre of your chin and the bridge of your nose to get that glow looking fire. If you want an ‘I drink two litres of water and get eight hours of sleep every night’ effect, blending a little on the inner corners of eyes will tie your look together. And, you’re done!