Party season is officially on, which means it’s time for a festive glow-up. Think, swapping your lip balm for bold lips, turning up your eyeliner or going all-out in glitter eyeshadow. We’ve rounded up the dreamiest party makeup looks to take you through December – and beyond – plus tips on how to make that glam last all. night. long.
1. Floating Wings
If understated is your vibe, grab a black eyeliner and glide those wings on. Here’s the twist: instead of hugging the lash line, these flicks should float between the lashes and crease for a seriously eye-catching gaze.
How to Apply: There’s a reason Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner is a total cult product. The ultra-fine brush and glossy formula are a dream team for beyond easy feline flicks.
1. Take the liner, look down into a mirror, and create a small dot around half a centimetre above the inner corner of your eye.
2. Create another dot at a 45-degree angle from the outer corner of the eye, so it floats between the lash line and the tip of your brow.
3. Connect the dots in one smooth, clean line across the eyelid. Curve upwards slightly in the centre of the lid.
4. Trace over the line to make your floating wing a little thicker. Finish with Wonder’Luxe Volume Mascara.
That shine, though. We’re in love with this punchy pink pout, teamed with little more than a sweep of bronzer across cheekbones, brushed-up brows and a slick of mascara. Obsessed.
How to Apply: This look is a one-swipe wonder, thanks to Moisture Renew Lipstick, which combines bold colour with vitamin E to leave lips drenched in hydration.
1. Scrub lips first. You don’t want any flakes giving you shade fade, so use a gentle lip exfoliant to create the smoothest canvas.
2. Glide on Moisture Renew Lipstick in Latino starting at the cupid’s bow and sweeping out to the corners of the mouth to enhance the shape of lips.
3. Blot with a tissue then reapply for full, bold, long-lasting colour.
4. Complete your look with a concealer. Trace it along the outer edge of lips and blend to make that bold pout really stand out.
3. Killer Contouring
If there was ever a time to learn how to contour, it’s definitely party season. We’ve got the 101 covered with the perfect palette and some easy, speedy tricks.
How to Apply: Contour, blush, highlight. These are the three techniques that take your look to the next, sculpted level, and you’ll be able to do them all with the Kate Sculpting Palette.
1. Start with the deepest shade in the palette. Using a tapered brush, suck in your cheeks and sweep it from the centre of the hollow up to the top of the ear to define.
2. Dust the same shade along the hairline, the jawline and down the sides of the nose, ensuring you blend into your base for a natural finish.
3. Blusher comes next. Smile and swirl it on the apples of your cheeks, before gliding your blush brush up to the temples. This will make your cheekbones pop.
4. Finally, highlight. Tap the lightest shade from the palette on the tops of cheekbones, brow bones, the bridge of the nose, the cupid’s bow and the centre of your chin. Sculpting, sorted.
4. Rouge Lips
Nothing says ‘party makeup’ like red lipstick. Slay (or should we say ‘sleigh’?) that matte pout in a bold shade that does all the talking, so you can keep eyes and cheeks subtle.
How to Apply: Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Fire Starter is our red lip ride-or-die. Use it to achieve pout perfection that stays in place from day to night.
2. Use the wand applicator of Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour to accentuate the cupid’s bow, then blend the pigment across your upper lip and right into the corners.
3. On the bottom lip, press colour into the centre and blend outwards to create a flawless, even finish.
4. Blot with a tissue and reapply. That red lip will look lit ‘til morning.
Looking for more party makeup tips? Discover how to do a smokey eye with our step-by-step tutorial.